Welcome to Snap Foto Club! Are you ready for a one of a kind entertainment experience? Please read the following rules that are in place to keep everyone safe and having fun at our facility. If you have any questions, please ask a Snap Foto Club team member.
“General Admission”/”Private Buyout” Rules and Policies:
1. Use of Snap Foto Club’s facility is at your own risk. Snap Foto Club (Snap YYC Inc.) is not responsible in any way (including monetary compensation) for any injury and/or damage/loss of property you incur during your visit, including any potential damage to your cameras and/or cellphones by Snap Foto Club staff.
2. Complimentary tripods are available to mount your phones or cameras (subject to availability), please ask a SNAP Foto Club team member if you would like to use one. Using the complimentary tripods is at your own risk, Snap Foto Club is not responsible for any damage to your devices attached to tripods, this includes damaged caused by malfunction of tripods, damaged caused by tripods being tipped over by other guests, and damage to devices as a result of improper mounting of devices.
3. 100% payment of “General Admission” and “Instagram Husband Photoshoot” bookings is required to secure the date for your booking. Any extras purchased during your visit will be paid at the studio prior to the end of your booking. Unused time cannot be refunded or banked. For example: if you book 2 hours and only use 1 hour you will be billed for 2 hours and any unused time cannot be used towards future bookings. There are no refunds for “General Admission” and “Instagram Husband Photoshoots” bookings.
“Private Buyout” bookings with a venue spend of less than $500 are non-refundable.
“Private Buyout” bookings with a venue spend of $500 or greater are eligible for the following cancellation policy:
Cancellation of your booking is acceptable 48 hours or earlier before your booking start time. 50% of the venue fee will be returned to you (less processing fees) by Interac e-Transfer. There are no refunds for bookings cancelled within 48 hours of your booking start time. Any add-ons purchased including but not limited to: photographer, prints, food, alcohol, are all non-refundable.
“Private Buyout” bookings with a venue spend of $500 or greater have the option to pay a 50% deposit to secure their date. Please note that online automated bookings cannot accept 50% deposits. Please contact us if you would like to book with a 50% deposit.
4. Model release: all photos taken by Snap Foto Club employees/independent contractors ( Instagram Husbands) belong to Snap Foto Club (Snap YYC Inc.) in perpetuity and can be used in all ways Snap Foto Club (Snap YYC Inc.) sees fit including but not limited to: advertising campaigns, websites, social media posts, news stories, information brochures and professional portfolios belonging to the photographers. It is acknowledged that you are not entitled to compensation for use of any photographs taken by Snap Foto Club (Snap YYC Inc.).
Clients can opt out of this clause by submitting their request in writing before the start of their session.
5. You are not permitted to use any photos taken by Snap Foto Club (Snap YYC Inc.) for monetary gain including but not limited to: revenue generating social media, websites, or blogs, contests, or advertising campaigns without express permission from Snap Foto Club (Snap YYC Inc.) photographers. Photos may be shared publicly to social media with credit awarded to Snap Foto Club. It is understood that you may appear in photos taken by other guests at Snap Foto Club and you waive your right to any protest or compensation for use of their photo in any way they see fit.
6. In the event Snap Foto Club cancels your booking, the limit of liability is restricted to reimbursement of all monies paid to Snap Foto Club at the time of the cancellation.
7. Snap Foto Club is a hybrid studio/event center that accommodates self serve access and/or The “Instagram Husband” (on staff photographer). “General Admission” is self serve and open to photographers, videographers, creators, celebrations, or anyone else looking to have fun with a camera. “General Admission” participants can optionally add on “Instagram Husband” (on staff photographer) images to hire our professional photographer to take photos during their booking. Because of the self serve nature of “General Admission”, it is best enjoyed by a minimum of 2 participants. Bundled packages such as “headshots” or “family photography” or any other photography listed under the “Instagram Husband” portion of the snapfotoclub.ca website include admission tickets and a buyout of the photographer’s time and images, these bundled sessions are not self serve. Any bookings listed under the “Instagram Husband Photoshoot” ticketing category correspond to the styles of photography listed on the “Instagram Husband” page. The allocation of “Instagram Husband” time for “General Admission” bookings with fewer than a “full album” purchase is at the discretion of Snap Foto Club staff. “General Admission” bookings with the “full album” add on, buy out the Instagram Husband’s time for an hourly fee of $100/hour. Self serve photos and professional “Instagram Husband” photos must be completed within the duration of the booking. The “Instagram Husband” hourly fee may vary for special events.
8. All example images on snapfotoclub.ca are indicative of what you can expect as photo deliverables from the “Instagram Husband” (on staff photographer). Images posted to social media and other affiliate websites such as snapfoto.ca may not be representative of Snap Foto Club products.
9. All participants who enter the photography space under the “General Admission” portal must purchase a ticket. This includes but is not limited to: photographers, parents, friends, chauffeurs, and chaperones.
10. Snap Foto Club is a shared space (unless you have booked a “Private Buyout”). Because of the nature of Snap Foto Club products and services, we cannot guarantee privacy during your “General Admission” or “Instagram Husband Photoshoot” booking.
11. Outfit changes are permitted in the designated changing areas. Please do not leave your belongings in the washroom or on the washroom floor as others may have to use the facilities. During “General Admission” and “Instagram Husband Photoshoots” the studio is a shared space, so please refrain from changing outfits in areas not designated as changing areas.
12. Any derogatory, aggressive, intimidating, or inappropriate behaviour towards Snap Foto Club team members or other guests will not be tolerated at any time. You will be asked to leave and forfeit your entrance fee.
13. Do not run, jump over barriers, engage in horseplay, or other disruptive, destructive and/or dangerous behaviours. You will be asked to leave and forfeit your entrance fee.
14. Do not block stairwells, entrance ways, or other easements throughout the space.
15. Children 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult. It is your responsibility to supervise children in your care. If behaviour is damaging or disruptive, you will be asked to leave and forfeit your entrance fee.
16. Please respect the displays, props, and furniture. Some displays are fragile and are not made to be touched. If you are unsure if you can touch a display, please do not hesitate to ask. Damage to a display, prop, or furniture will result in you being billed to repair the damage or replace the damaged item.
Dragging, pushing, and/or pulling furniture or other props across the hardwood floors and any other floors at Snap Foto Club is strictly prohibited. Clients will be financially liable for any damage to floors (scratches) and/or furniture as a result of damage caused by dragging, pushing, and/or pulling furniture. Please ask for assistance from staff to properly move furniture.
17. DO NOT get in to the bathtub on the ends as it can tip, enter and exit in the middle and keep your weight central. DO NOT hang on or pull on the chain experience. Always hold onto ropes while using the swing. Reckless behaviour can result in injury.
18. Please keep your shoes on at all times when walking through out the space. The floors are real wood and could result in splinters in bare feet. In addition, some of the experiences have raised floors, watch your step as you tour the space.
19. Snap Foto Club is not responsible for your personal belongings. You may leave them in our closet at your own risk.
20. Unless an “Instagram Husband” (On staff photographer) package is pre-purchased, you are not guaranteed access to an “Instagram Husband” during your visit. You are not guaranteed any specific photo or number of photos. Instagram Husbands are an additional service that is paid for separately from your “General Admission” ticket or “Private Buyout”. ” Instagram Husband Photoshoots” include an “Instagram Husband” (on staff photographer) and the cost of the session is inclusive of admission to the studio and the photographer’s time and images.
21. “Instagram Husband” (On staff photographer) images purchased through “General Admission” with fewer than “full album” must be selected in studio, after the conclusion of your “General Admission” booking. Please allow for adequate time after your “General Admission” booking to select and/or print your images. Snap Foto Club cannot email images for the purpose of selection at a later date and time. The images are delivered in JPEG format. The photos are high quality and can be printed large. “Instagram Husband” images do not include retouching. Retouching is an add-on service that can be arranged after your photos are delivered. Snap Foto Club will not deliver images in raw format.
22. “Instagram Husband” (On staff photographer) images are delivered in an Amazon Photos or Amazon Drive link through email. Downloading instructions are provided with the download link. Snap Foto Club will not upload images to any other file sharing or photo platform.
23.Photo shoots with the “Instagram Husband” (On staff photographer) are collaborative, this means that the photographer will offer posing suggestions, wardrobe suggestions, background suggestions, and other advice to make sure you look your best. The “Instagram Husband” may also ask for inspiration images, your choice of background(s), preferred aspect ratios, and other stylistic questions to fit your desired look. Clients who relinquish creative control to the “Instagram Husband” waive all rights to protest any resulting images. Clients have the option to review images during their session with the “Instagram Husband” to ensure that the creative direction is consistent with their preferred aesthetic.
Unless additional time is purchased, your session with the “Instagram Husband” cannot be extended for any combination of the following reasons: Wardrobe malfunctions, make up malfunctions, complexion issues, undesired creative direction, or any other malfunction related to the subject(s) appearing in photos.
Unless a photo retouching/editing fee is paid, your photo deliverables from the “Instagram Husband” cannot be retouched for any combination of the following reasons: Wardrobe malfunctions, make up malfunctions, complexion issues, undesired creative direction, undesired resulting aspect ratios, or any other issues related to the subject(s) appearing in photos, the technical attributes of the photo, or the general aesthetic of the photo(s).
24. A ticket to Snap Foto Club cannot be shared among multiple individuals. For example, you cannot visit for half the duration of your booking, leave the studio, and have another individual enter the studio in your place.
25. Snap Foto Club reserves the right to request ID to verify booking identity. Please have this with you when you arrive.
26. If you arrive late you will not be given a time extension. If you are more than 15 minutes late with no communication with Snap Foto Club your slot may be given away to a walk – in client. No refunds or price adjustments will be given for arriving late or missing your time slot. Rescheduling within 48 hours of your booking date/time will be subject to a rescheduling fee of 20% of the value of your booking. We are located in the downtown core so please allow for adequate time to find parking.
27. “General Admission” or “Instagram Husband Photoshoot” bookings booked at the end of the day “last call” time slots are subject to the following lateness policy: If you are more than 15 minutes late with no phone communication with Snap Foto Club, you will forfeit your time slot and the Snap Foto Club facility will close.
28. You must complete your visit within the time you have booked. This includes outfit changes, set up, and tear down of any photography equipment. Please give yourself adequate time to complete your photos with this in mind.
29. Rescheduling is permitted without penalty as long as it is not within 48 hours of your booked time/date . Please refer to your booking confirmation to reschedule your booking.
30. The Snap Foto Club facility is always changing. We reserve the right to change our experiences without notice, for reasons including but not limited to: seasonal changes, sudden strokes of creativity, or because we get bored of them. If you have your eye set on a specific wall it is best to send us a message to make sure it will be available during your booking. In addition, Snap Foto Club may conduct occasional maintenance on experiences. During the maintenance period an experience may not be available.
31. Snap Foto Club welcomes videographers, however, please be advised that under “General Admission” the facility is a shared space and not soundproof. Good micing techniques will minimize most if not all audio problems, however, we cannot make any guarantees about the sound level in the space.
32. Snap Foto Club gets a lot of natural light through its numerous skylights and large windows. In most cases this is a photographer’s dream, however, In some cases we may not be able to block hard sunlight from entering the photography space.
33. Please do not touch any of the light switches or any ceiling mounted lights in the Snap Foto Club studio, if any of the artificial lights are not working, please talk to a Snap Foto Club team member. Repositioning, turning off, or trying to adjust ceiling mounted lights is strictly prohibited.
34. During “General Admission”, Snap Foto Club restricts the setup of any traditional background such as seamless paper or other typically professional backgrounds in non designated areas. If you would like to rent the studio for a traditional photo shoot, please visit the studio section of our sister website snapfoto.ca. Restricted uses of Snap Foto Club during “General Admission” is at the sole discretion of Snap Foto Club staff.
35. During “General Admission” and “Instagram Husband Photoshoots” the Snap Foto Club studio is a shared space. While other guests are present in the studio, monopolizing photo ops is not permitted. Snap Foto Club staff monitor the studio to make sure all participants have fair access to the facility. To ensure fair use of the Snap Foto Club studio, Snap Foto Club staff reserves the right to direct guests to certain areas of the studio.
36. Explicit content is prohibited during “General Admission”. Clients who want to book the studio for photo/video shoots for content that contains explicit material can book the studio privately by visiting snapfoto.ca
Snap Foto Club staff reserve the right to terminate bookings based on material they deem inappropriate. No refunds, adjustments, or credits will be issued on terminated sessions as a result of prohibited activities. Please contact us if you are not sure if your content is explicit.
37. The portrait room (AKA “Self Portraits” room) at Snap Foto Club is sometimes booked for private shoots or private functions. “General Admission” or “Private Buyout” does not guarantee your access to the portrait room. If you are interested in using the portrait room during “General Admission” or “Private Buyout” please contact Snap Foto Club staff to ensure availability.
38. The “Party Room” can be booked out for 30 or 60 minute durations, time served in the “Party Room” happens after your studio booking has elapsed. The “Party Room” comes with tables, chairs, tablecloths, and happy birthday signs. Balloons and other specialty decor is a custom add-on, please contact us to arrange custom decor and balloons in the Party Room”. Snap Foto Club reserves the right to replace the “Party Room” with its main facility.
39. Off camera lights are restricted during “General Admission”, unless a $25 off camera fee is paid. The off camera fee can be put towards any rentals at Snap Foto Club. Snap Foto Club defines off camera light as any light source used that is not on the camera. This includes but is not limited to: speedlites on stands, assistants holding lights, and lights propped up on tables, chairs, etc… This fee can be paid in studio upon arrival. “Private Buyout” bookings do not have any restrictions on off-camera light.
40. During “Private Buyout” bookings, Snap Foto Club reserves the right to provide access to the facility in a nonobtrusive manner to building maintenance crews, and any other personnel for the purpose of viewing the studio for a very short duration. In cases of sensitive material and non disclosure agreements, clients can opt out of this clause by submitting their request in writing during the time of scheduling their booking. Requests to opt out of this clause submitted later than 1 hour after scheduling may not be accommodated.
41. Snap Foto Club is located on the second floor of a heritage building. There is no elevator and no wheelchair access. Please only bring items that you are willing to carry up the stairs. Strollers, bags, and other personal belongings cannot be left at the base of the stairs.
42. Pets are typically not permitted during “General Admission” unless it is specified as a pet or dog event. Please contact us to inquire about pet admission.
43. Snap Foto Club reserves the right to amend any part of these rules and policies.
44. It is your responsibility to make sure everyone in your party is aware of these rules and agrees to abide by them while visiting Snap Foto Club.
Failure to abide by the above rules and regulations, or failure to follow directions of Snap Foto Club team members will result in you being asked to leave the facility and no refunds will be issued.
By booking tickets to Snap Foto Club through online portals, or any other means, I agree to abide by the above rules and agree to this agreement on behalf of everyone in my party and any minors in my care. I recognize failure to abide by the above rules will result in being asked to leave Snap Foto Club and forfeit any payments made to Snap Foto Club. I acknowledge any photos taken of me, or minors in my care, by Snap Foto Club employees belong to Snap Foto Club (Snap YYC Inc.) as explained in policy number 4.